Other Stuff Used car buying advice

This topic contains 96 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by PlaneMan 1 month ago. This post has been viewed 2172 times

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author

PlaneMan
    • Total Posts 694
    • @planeman
      Forumite Coins: 212

If you wash the car properly every month or so you should only need to rinse it and give it a polish in between , I’m almost sure it was you, Steve, that posted about that a while ago.

My car has been treated with Diamondbrite and it does help a lot. I hate a dirty car, drives me nuts. I was always washing my mothers car before i had mine, still do.

The Duke
    • Total Posts 1799
    • @sgb101
      Forumite Coins: 225

It may of been me, watching after a wash keeps a car cleaner longer. In the summer a good 2 months, just a springs off every no and then. However around mine, mainly country lanes, and in the winter they are full of mud and worse, so your car is dirty the same day you clean it.

Mine was cleaned last week by the dealer, when in for its service. It’s doubtful I’ll clean it again before February.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1412
    • @bullstuff2
      Forumite Coins: 298

Cleaned out and washed mine yesterday, what a waste of time and effort! Had to drive up to Grimsby, trying to stay well behind a Waste truck following a tractor full of the brown and smelly. Then it began to rain. After a couple more miles, an RTC. Stuck behind those two vehicles in a queue of stationary traffic, high wind blowing rain and several kinds of assorted  krap all over my previously-shiny motor. We need some dual carriageways on the A16!

Sometimes I get the feeling that life is persecuting me. It takes me ages to wash the car, being not very mobile. High roof and just 5’6″ tall, I have to use a stepstool. Interior is not bad, as I had rubber mats with it, which are fitted to the floor. I had a pressure washer for a long time, a really old bit of generic kit that blew itself to bits last year. Can’t get parts, it hasn’t been made for ages.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

The Duke
    • Total Posts 1799
    • @sgb101
      Forumite Coins: 225

The reasons I give up on the cleaning in the winter. It’s been a week since mine was done, and you’d never believe it was done.

The insides was done to, but we undid all that good work after paintball!

Tippon
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 324
    • @tippon
      Forumite Coins: 148

I hate a dirty car, drives me nuts. I was always washing my mothers car before i had mine, still do.

Remind me what your address is. I’ll get Ellen to ‘accidentally’ leave the car outside on the way to work 😈

PlaneMan
    • Total Posts 694
    • @planeman

Nice try Ryan, the major wash jobs get done at mum’s place, it’s much easier with a hose and a drive.

PlaneMan
    • Total Posts 694
    • @planeman

Had a major service done today, 54,000 one. I knew it was going to be due soon when I got the car and used that to help haggle.

Got them to put Iridium spark plugs in instead of the standard ones and also went for a new battery, turns out the one in there was OK but not as good as Mr AA thought it was. I’d rather not worry about it for £70, I worry enough about other stuff as it is. Need to check my warranty to see if the battery is covered, I doubt it.

Car feels even better than it did, which is remarkable.

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Currently Active: 1
Sawboman
Keymaster | Moderator | Participant | Spectator | Blocked
Additional Forum Statistics
Threads: 983, Posts: 12,318, Members: 136
Welcome to our newest member, neucarepamphgesp
Most users ever online was 11 on June 5, 2017 1:36 pm