Forumite

vulnerable Covid-19

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry

I am vulnerable, I share my entry with a neighbour, whom had visitors. They went out the back and I am concerned is it safe for me to touch the door handles or how long should I wait (before it’s safe) before going out for my daily excersize.

Or am I worrying too much.

I have no gloves.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,543

John, if you have hand sanitiser take that with you and use it after using the handle.

Otherwise use a tissue/ bog roll to cover the handle.

Make sure you don’t touch your face until your hands have been washed/ sanitised.

Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 4,622

Cheers PM

I don’t have sanitiser, but I do have bog roll good idea, I can flush the germ/s away.

Cheers
    John

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 16,961

If you have Dettol, put a glug on a piece of kitchen towel and that will kill the virus. Bleach will also do but it is a bit viscous on your skin. Ideally you should also be spraying/wiping your Amazon parcels, I open them and carry the packing out to the bin, clean door handles as aboveĀ  then wash my hands being careful not to touch my face in the mean time. I leave the contents of the parcel for 24 hours before handling again. (according to US research the virus can stay alive for weeks on hard surfaces but only 14 hours on cardboard as the virus dies when it dries out).

If I see the contents are shrink wrapped, I treat at the same time as the Amazon packaging, and leave the contents on the floor.

Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 4,622

Cheers Ed I will take it all in, I tend to kick the parcel/post (with my slippered foot) into one place and open it tomorrow.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.