Forumite

What do you make of this

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk What do you make of this

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

What do you make of this

It's said to be easy when you know how. If you don't know how, then you need the help of forumites.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 8,773

It is extremely similar to what Bruce used to bang on about! It is a fairly idiot-simple way of getting a Linux boot but it is not as good as a full Linux install. It is useful if you need to pen-test a computer (not with the specific distro they sell). A Live CD is almost the same but does not allow you to save files.

Without meaning to be unkind to the vendors it is a bit of a con to anyone who knows a bit about computers as it is fairly easy to roll your own.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,480

I’d say it’s more of a con than that- does anyone else think that “James Smith, Aberdeen, Scotland” has got a twin brother called “Thomas Jones, Northern Ireland” with a younger brother that’s in the main picture??

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 4,123

Of course if you really have managed to mangle your Windows installation to the point of unuseabillity (hard to do these days) you could always reinstall it for free ?

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 4,745

Snake oil

Drezha
    Participant
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 1,692

LTT covered this not to long ago.

TL;DW; Sortof fixes the PC, But Mostly No

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 5,749

It’s on a par with those ‘Fantastic new tiny device that can speed up your router and your PC’  ads that I killed on my phone.

If it appears to be too good to be true, then ….

Unless I’ve been married to a pessimist for too many years, is it contagious? ???

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!