Forumite

What do you make of this

HOME Forums Tech PC Talk What do you make of this

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Bob Williams 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 4,636

It is extremely similar to what Bruce used to bang on about! It is a fairly idiot-simple way of getting a Linux boot but it is not as good as a full Linux install. It is useful if you need to pen-test a computer (not with the specific distro they sell). A Live CD is almost the same but does not allow you to save files.

Without meaning to be unkind to the vendors it is a bit of a con to anyone who knows a bit about computers as it is fairly easy to roll your own.

JayCeeDee
    Participant
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 2,048

I’d say it’s more of a con than that- does anyone else think that “James Smith, Aberdeen, Scotland” has got a twin brother called “Thomas Jones, Northern Ireland” with a younger brother that’s in the main picture??

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 1,952

Of course if you really have managed to mangle your Windows installation to the point of unuseabillity (hard to do these days) you could always reinstall it for free ?

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 2,926

Snake oil

Drezha
    Participant
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 1,038

LTT covered this not to long ago.

TL;DW; Sortof fixes the PC, But Mostly No

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 3,965

It’s on a par with those ‘Fantastic new tiny device that can speed up your router and your PC’  ads that I killed on my phone.

If it appears to be too good to be true, then ….

Unless I’ve been married to a pessimist for too many years, is it contagious? ???

If it’s the Psychic Network why do they need a phone number?

What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.

If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.
    --- Robin Williams

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.