Forumite

What's Wrong with Romania????

HOME Forums Politics Europe What's Wrong with Romania????

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Richard 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict

Today I was totally baffled by a new YouGov poll conducted across the EU.   The public in six EU member states (Britain, France, Germany, Sweden, Denmark and Finland) were asked whether it was right or wrong to have allowed each of the current members of the EU to have joined, as well as whether countries that are not currently members should be given permission to join if they wanted to do so.

One state we hear very little about is Romania but it seems the Germans, the French, the Finns, the Danes and the Swedes all have a downer on it and also on Bulgaria although not as consistently.

Can anyone explain this to me?   Has Romania done something I have missed?   I just can’t see why the downer on Romania should be so consistent across so many states?   Any ideas folks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

Viewing 2 replies - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies

The VFM Addict
    Participant
    @thevfmaddict
    Forumite Points: 1,658

Did you ever look at the C3 Picasso?     Nice mid height and very wide door opening.    It was a great car; we had two.    Its replaced now by the C3 Aircross but that looks to have similar height and access.   It might be worth a look when your ix20 lease is up for renewal.    You are right though the choices at that entry height are quite limited.    Currently we are  running a Jeep Renegade Longitude.   That’s basically a Fiat 500x in wolf’s clothing.    It made a change but can’t see us going for one again.   We may ourselves go for the C3 Aircross next time but the BMW 218i SE Active Tourer would be my choice provided the missus finds the access suitable.   Why the BMW?   Well, it has a heads-up display so I can pretend to have a Missile Lock on that damned idiot who cut me up at the last roundabout……LOL

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping the Mad Tangerine of the West and the Mad Monk of the East stay friends or we're all in trouble

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 2,303

VFM, that is only the second time that I have heard of someone with ‘Auto-Immune Connective Tissue Disorder’, though in my wife’s case it has been called ‘Mixed Connective Tissue Disease’ but again it is an autoimmune issue with blood results that are far from normal. At the latest meeting with her rheumatologist the initial diagnosis was being questioned and the issue of whether it was Lupus SLE is now being explored via further blood tests. This is interesting as our daughter had a different form of Lupus, not the SLE but drug induced by a treatment, (minocycline) that wreaked her blood results mystifying the GP and disrupting her life until it was ceased. It took our daughter a long time to recover from that episode as by the time of her diagnosis she could not climb the stairs and was increasingly helpless. Happily that improved over time, though for several years she could only walk very slowly.

My wife is now concerned that her painful hips and shoulder are connected to her cancer rather than the other issue. For once a diagnosis of Lupus or a confirmation of ‘Mixed Connective Tissue Disease’ would be a considerably relief, not a curse. The results of today’s kidney function blood test and tomorrow’s scan are awaited with baited breath.

Bob, yours was a socking tale of inept treatments but all should have been clear with an MRI. I had much the same run around from 2002 until 2012 when an MRI finally showed that the lumbar spine was almost completely cut off from the base up to L5. It was more like a string of sausages where it was compressed at every junction. The relief from a ‘simple’ operation to decompress the spine was instant; I could stand up straight and walk once more. I had the same issue with the cervical spine but the relief was less complete, as the damage was more advanced. I put the recent increase in skin irritation down to the nerves on the left side of my neck and shoulder coming under compression once more. However the discovery of a lump on the left of my neck has been a less encouraging step. If not before I shall see someone early next month as part of my routine follow up for skin cancer and enquire if the lump could be related to what they removed. Unlike the ‘normal’ popular skin cancers this one has a habit of doing that sort of thing; hence I have scheduled 4 monthly checks, (though they are not always strictly at four month intervals).

Viewing 2 replies - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!
close-image