Why such a carp Christmas

HOME Forums Home and DIY Other DIY Topics Why such a carp Christmas

This topic contains 32 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by The Duke 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

I mentioned in the Forumite post that I may of been a little put out 🙂 Anyhow the main reason for this was decorating. One of those thing’s that should be straight forward 😉 None the less the house is pre 2nd war “1928 from what I have gathered” and I really do believe it was built by pissed up Irish men. Walls that have moved over time, floor boards literally running under walls and coming out the other side and bizarre beams and pipes that seem to go nowhere. But the biggest problem was the plaster, I do not believe its seen any new plaster since the outside toilets went. I would say 40 years! Well, that is in the room I am working on anyhow, it could be worse in the next as know it’s layout of the walls has not been altered since it was built.

So what started out as quick clean-up is turning out to be a nightmare.

But what I am doing is getting rid of as much extensions, cables and all the other crap. So starting with this room and then all the other rooms they are getting new sockets with USB plus an extra socket with WPS “See Here”. I am also fitting network ports in room plus tv arial sockets and phone sockets. I am doing all this while the plaster is off. Channeling out the brick is an arse and Ill be coughing up red brick for weeks to come although I did receive some dust masks this evening.

Apart from the plug sockets all the other wires are converging into one cupboard/cloak room 3ft x 4ft on the end of the landing. I did not want to put them in the cold cellar. I will need a switch as each room will have it’s own network port.

Let me add, I have never got plastered, I hate painting and hanging wallpaper and I am still wondering why I started this over the crimbo period. Anyhow, the way I look at it I have got most of the worst out of the way which was channeling out for the wires and back plates. I have everything I need to push on including all the above I mentioned minus wall paper and flooring.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Spread the love
Viewing 12 replies - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 1,977

Youre lucky there was no wild life survey carried out. That’s what killed all our wildlife. Sigh…

The houses aren’t an issue, they are in one way and ad no traffic. The issue always was this was one of the last, if not the last, place the amimals had. I’d bet there had been generation animal that never left that small plot of land.

Hopfully all that was inside made it up to the mountain sides and fiend a new home. Its doubtful though.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 2,481

You rearly win agsisnts these big firms, they have the councilors in their pockets, before they even start down the road.

While corrupt Councillors are not unknown (especially in Wales), a more likely candidate in these days are the Council Planning Officers. Council objections are often subject to appeal, the first thing the Government Planning Inspector will ask to see are the Planning Officers recommendations. If these say yes then sod the democratic decision.

The Duke
    @sgb101

Probably right Ed. Was about 5 years ago now.

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 1,009

Except they dont go out of their way to publish anything. We have Sudbury town residents association keeping an eye out and Brent council have put it in their 5 year plan that they are going to put up a social housing estate at our local park.

They published almost nothing and gave us until 3rd jan to raise a petition against it.

A 5 year plan ! Bunch of bloody commies.

<hr />

Wheels-Of-Fire
    Participant
    @grahamdearsley
    Forumite Points: 1,009

Not in my back yard. Stick it in their home counties where they have the space.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

Sorry Wheels, but you are on a hiding to nothing.

Local democracy means absolutely nothing. Even if 100% of the local population objects all that will happen will be a Public Inquiry to give people a chance to vent off. The Inspector will then go away and publish a response from afar that stipulates that Local Plans MUST take in the needs of neighbouring counties.

In the event the Council changes their mind and withdraws plans then the review of your Plan by the Planning Inspectorate will reverse that decision!

Do not bother to raise your blood pressure in a fruitless venture unless you go in to it knowing that your actions will only be symbolic. As I have said before, real democracy does not exist in the UK.

The Duke
    @sgb101

@edps speaking of a non democracy, what do you think of this?

Bigbrother is here, looks like the Russian poisoning was a load of BS. Not that we belived the story. Looks like it was made up and everyone was in on it. Shaping minds and public views on potential enemies.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 1,650

I guess the woman who died from the poisoning episode was also a figment of something or the other? Anyone who does not believe that poo-tin would not stoop to anything well, at least you are currently free to believe as you may wish. That might change should another management take over.

The Duke
    @sgb101

It’s a shame she died. It would be nice to know for what? As no one ever belived the offical line anyhow, or only the few gulable enough. Something was always a miss.

It will be interesting over the next few days as the revaluations come out what is in the documents. American have their hands full too regarding this. Interesting times ahead.

It’s not wonder London and Liverpool and their places have been having protests over the last weeks. No one is happy with the current direction of the country.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 1,650

Is anyone anywhere that impressed by the direction of their country, much of Russia is not impressed by their ‘leadership’ much of the EU is far from happy, France, Greece, Spain, Italy, Germany and so on are all up in arm waving for various reasons, The USA is deeply fractured at the moment while the Fence Builder in Chief has nothing on which to sit at the moment. Drug gangs run riot in London and little or nothing appears to be done to help those in the firing line. Yet still some want to come here, some because they think they can make money out of our soft touch welfare, some because they mistakenly think it is all milk and honey or at least unbounded riches.

In short anti social networking has a lot to answer for stirring up vocal hate loud on noise though short on actual numbers ar content with no benefit to those caught in the firing line.

Face it pootin has a visceral hatred for ‘the west’ and will stop at nothing and has stopped at nothing to do us down, his troll factories are pushing on open doors to sucker in those willing and keen to hanker after the appearance of change, though they have little or no idea what their lusted for change would mean. The only surprise is that pootin’s recent efforts to cover up his malfeasances have been so slow and ham fisted.

Still you will believe what you have already decided and I will not be convinced by his cohorts and canon fodder.

I’m off to the drug war zone of London again in a few moments so will drop it here.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Richard.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

Many people blame Soros for his conspiracy to flood Europe with refugees. link

The conspiracy theorists then  link Soros with a CIA plan to destabilise the EU, in the same way the CIA played a sub-rosa role in destabilising former Yugoslavia with ‘Middle East ‘freedom’ fighters. (well publicised by a call to arms in the Gulf Times of that period.)

The Duke
    @sgb101

Soros has a lot of the Democrats that’s for sure. And he is exteemly rich and more dangerously powerful.

He sent us packing to the imf begging bowl, and I’ve hear it said with.one press release he can crash economies. I can’t recall of the top ofv my head but China blame him for some act in the 90s (maybe 2000s). Also he had dealings trying to get nations on board to save the tanking economy of the USSR iirc. He written a big press release in the FT or NYT or similar. Also he helped out the Jews in the bosinian crysis. And has big dealings in the scam that is Hati.

So the man leads an interesting life. The main bit wax always stands out is that his father a jew, sent him to live with a local mayor (or equivalent) when the Nazis rolled in, and he spent his teen years taking Jewish possetions for the nazi. Now I don’t mind that, when in that position, what would you do. What I find strange is his attitude towards it in an interview imhe done about ten years ago. A real evil grin, followed by it was an adventure. There seemed no remorse.

He is very close to the Clinton’s, so for thst alone, with out all the other stories of him. I’m not gonna warm to him.

As regards to putin, in under no illusion he is a nice leader. But I don’t think he is any better or worse than our own leadership. The press seem to love ramming putin stories down our neck so much, one has to start thinking there is alterior motives. We are being pre programmed to be accepting when war comes. The question is why? And for what ends. That’s the bit that leaves a foul taste in my mouth and had done for years.

Yes he is a bad guy, but I also remeber pre 2013, when the assads was on a world tour and being touted as the blueprint for the middle east. Free education for all, non secular stae, free education for all (Inc women) , then over night they was spun out as the devil. Which coincided with the Saudis asking the US to fix the assad issue and they wousl bank roll it. Which was on record in the house representives, secretary of state John kerry said Sauid have offered to bankroll us militery intervention.

Add that to the who pipe line theory, of neededing put a pipe across Sryia going it to Turkey, all makes sense. As Russia, their allie (for selfish reasons), won’t let the assads do.

So a good old USA ragime change was started, and bodged badly. Given they got slapped with the illigal and immoral card by Russia. Oh The irony in being out moraled by Russia.

Then there is the whole ‘white hat thing’ that ties isis to the supisably good guys, that is funded by the uk, us, imf, etc… The whole thing is a mess of the highest order.

Thr us is funding them, but last year wouldn’t let there leader (or spokes person) into America as they class them as a terrorist org.

Reminds me of the Victor Bout, Russian arms dealer that was funded and working for one arm of the USA and being chased by the other. These guys need some internal communication lessons. It’s a great read the whole Victor bout thing. He was being paid by all sides to  deliver arms one way for one Aids, solders the other way for the other side, and traific drugs for othes while doing this. Getting paid 3x for each trip.

Now at the time if some one to say this, you’d be a conspiracy theorist, ike that’s nemt to be a bad term BTW. They are all theories until proven true. Then just a conspiracy. But one needs to start somewhere. All police are conspiracy theorists, it’s their job, as are spooks, and jernos. It’s the media and governments that had tried to tarnish the term to make outcasts that don’t accept the BS fed to them.

Lol, this ended up long, it was written over 4 periods while bored in the ozzy.

(had some good news too, so one is in a chipper mood).

Viewing 12 replies - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love