Forumite

Will Cummings get sacked/drop out.

HOME Forums Politics UK Will Cummings get sacked/drop out.

Will Cummings get sacked/Drop out.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree

After he as been found to of broke the lockdown rules that is. Personly I think he will not. My guess “tin foil hat guess” is he has something on Bojo and is safe!

• This topic was modified 5 days, 10 hours ago by RSB.
    • This topic was modified 5 days, 10 hours ago by RSB.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 2,384

I reckon he wont, but personal opinion is that he should. ಠ_ಠ

I’d love to go 250 miles and visit my family, but I’m not with the lockdown, as I’m trying to follow the Government advice…

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,279

:good:

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 12,953

Don’t think so. He is far too important to Boris, his puppeteer, pulls all the strings and the PM dances. Remember Mandelson in Blair and Brown’s governments? Cummings holds the same position. Mandelson (now a Lord of course) hung on because he knew where several bodies were buried, and exactly who buried them. In the end he went, and then wrote his book “The Third Man” in which he praises Blair to the skies, and assassinates Brown in print.

Cummings will no doubt hang on until he does something that cannot be allowed to continue. He will probably wind up a Lord too. After the Coronavirus situation has calmed down, he may be pushed or he may jump, but I suspect only on his own terms.

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,216

One rule for the elite, and fines+criminal record for the hoi polloi.

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,306

After this morning’s political programs and comments from Tory MPs like Steve Baker, I think his days are numbered.

It’s the arrogant shitness of his attitude that’s doing the trick, plus the obvious moving of goalposts and nitpicking over the preciseness of situations. Some argument that he was outside of the 14 day period when he was seen at Barnard Castle, but he shouldn’t have been there in any circumstance. They have been fining people all over the West Country for going to beauty spots 30 miles away.

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,748

I heard on a news interview with Tim Montgomerie ( who thinks he should step down )  that his wife wrote a piece for the Guardian about iirc ‘family life under self isolation when a family member is showing symptoms of Covid19’, that covered this period that is under the microscope at the moment. In it there was no mention of the trip, which would indicate that she, at the very least, thought it was dodgy.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

Participant
    The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,204

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. He was driving to family and then isolated.

The issue is the press and him being incapable of just telling the truth up front.

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 12,953

Yes I agree Steve, these politicians never seem to understand that telling the truth in the first place, rules out telling increasingly more incriminating porkies later.

I have been forced to travel to family myself 3 times during the current emergency. While our move was underway I was also travelling back and forth to the last home, desperately trying to find a destination that would take loads of stuff we didn’t want any more, because we were expecting to be charged for its removal by the former Housing Association landlord. Fortunately there has been a change of H.A. there, taken over by a massive combine. I wrote to their Director of Housing, she phoned me to say that they are no longer charging leaving tenants for this. Big relief!

Whilst I was going back, some of the older former friends and neighbours were walking right up to me, to ask how I was. Had to keep saying “Stay away 3 Yards!” They don’t get metres of course, our generation had mostly not been Metricated. I had that operation years ago!

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

Sorry Steve I disagree it was more serious than you implied., He was infected, and dispersed his virus onto at least one forecourt pump, and payment system, plus possibly infected a forecourt attendant and three others. As he has police protection he probably infected a bunch of other people through his actions.

There is an old saying that applies – “With great power, comes great responsibility”. If you cannot fully abide by rules that you helped set then you should have any power stripped from you.

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,306

Given his position and wealth I find it unbelievable that this was the only option open to him. Even if it was the advice for the plebs was “And if the individuals do not have access to care support – formal care support – or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs.”

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

Well, it will be very interesting later on today – he’s going to make a press statement and take questions. Having seen throughout his tenure with Boris as PM, just how dismissive he is of everyone around ( beneath ) him, as per his general demeanour and the various words to the press outside his house etc, I personally doubt his ability to keep a lid on it all under intense press scrutiny. :yes:

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

BoJo lacks any moral fibre and caves under pressure. Whether Cummings stays or goes depends which way BoJo thinks the wind is blowing. A good example is the asinine way he has just caved into Trump and the CIA over Huawei.

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

You’re not wrong!!

Maybe today we’ll get some more interesting quotes from the Dominic Cummins’ Book of Kids Cartoons!!

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

Maybe today we’ll get some more interesting quotes from the Dominic Cummins’ Book of Kids Cartoons!!

A thought just occurred to me re the above – “The night time is the right time to commit a crime, because there’s no-one around to see you driving across a country in lockdown!!” :yahoo: :whistle:

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps

The answer to the question posed by Lee is ‘not yet’.

I watched the Cummings performance with interest, and while I think the legality of his position was questionable, it certainly breached the spirit of the ‘Lockdown’ and its rationale.

I came away with the distinct impression that Cummings piled his wife and child into his car and drove in a blue funk as far away from London as he could. He then rationalised it all afterwards, and it is totally unclear whether he or his wife ever actually suffered from a ‘coughless’ Covid-19, it is certainly the case that his child did not.

I now question his fitness to remain as an advisor. He not only showed lack of judgement and courage when the pressure was on, he then behaved completely illogically by doing a round 60 mile trip to a local beauty spot in order ‘to test his fitness to drive’! At no time did we receive an explanation on why his wife could not do half the driving. His reasons for fleeing London were spurious. I’m sure that had he had genuine concerns for the personal safety of his wife and family he had enough contacts at No.10 to arrange protection, ditto if he had remained in London and the whole family became ill – has someone disconnected his phone?

At the end of the hour I was unconvinced by his performance and came away with more questions than answers. I was also rather disappointed at the ‘hacks’ many of who just regurgitated previous questions without exposing the obvious holes in Cumming’s statements.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support Forumite

Choose between a one off contribution or a subscription. 

It only Takes a Minute or two.
Lets Go!
close-link