Forumite

Windows 10 Digital Licence

HOME Forums Tech Windows Talk Windows 10 Digital Licence

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry

When I had my free Windows 10 Pro x64 upgrade, as 7 was pro I thought I had to go pro. The dl from M$ was pro, however now when I dl the most recent (Jan 2020) it has various flavours Pro Home 32 64 does my digital licence work with any version. ie I might fancy trying Home.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by johnbarry.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,216

There is nothing to gain by using ‘Home’ vs Pro other than cost. In fact Home lacks quite a lot of useful flexibility.

Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 4,400

Thanks Ed

I don’t want to use others I was asking if the licence with pro would work with Home as they are all on the DVD. Or is it one seperate licence for each version.

Cheers
    John

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,306

I doubt it. Windows picks up from the key and installs the appropriate version. But why use home when you have paid for pro?

Participant
    johnbarry
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 4,400

Thanks Dave

I don’t want to use Home I just wondered if it was possible as it’s on Jan Download using media creation tool. It has all versions on, at one time you selected the version (Pro) you wanted. ie: when I start to install Windows from the Jan DVD (ISO) it gives you the option to select Home Pro etc.

I just wondered if my digital licence covered all versions of 10 or it only covered Pro and wouldn’t accept it if I used other than Pro

Cheers
    John

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support Forumite

Choose between a one off contribution or a subscription. 

It only Takes a Minute or two.
Lets Go!
close-link