Windows 10 to Tablet

HOME Forums Tech Android Talk Windows 10 to Tablet

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by johnbarry 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Someone asked me how to.

Sadly I don’t know, so I thought I would ask on here.

At this stage he only knows it is a Zaith and it’s not old. My search found

Zaith 10.1 Android Nougat Tablet (not sure if it is this)

He brought the Zaith to play a game? on, to find it doesn’t work and he needs a Windows 10 Laptop.

Rather than purchase a laptop, he heard you can install Windows 10 on it but the android needs wiping first.

Does anyone understand me and can tell me how to get Windows 10 on it.

Maybe you can’t, but I don’t know.

Cheers
    John

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 1,649

http://tinyurl.com/y9yc4oab

If it is the one in the above link, and seeing only 1 GB of RAM, it does not sound hopeful:

While Windows OS does have the advantage of being more “work task friendly” this can become a notoriously slow and sluggish operating system if running it with only 1GB RAM. ”

Depends on the Game he wants to play John.  However, I found this, “Installing 10 on a super-cheap tablet”:

http://tinyurl.com/y9m96foz

It does require a keyboard to do it (according to the text) but it looks like the Zaith either comes with one, or a KB can be ordered for it. Wait for more knowledgeable Forumites to advise you further, that is the limit of my Google-acquired knowledge.🤓

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 928

I doubt it’ll run it John. Even if it does it’ll be dog slow, 1GB of RAM from what I can see, hardly enough to run basic Android games let alone with the Windows bloat in tow.

My Instagram

My YouTube

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry
    Forumite Points: 1,131

Thanks Bob he told me it has a keyboard, I will check your link

If it is the one as you and PM say dog slow, it won’t be worth it.

I will see if I can find out a little more about it.

Cheers
    John

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

It’s not for a game, it’s a leggo building program.

I will have the tablet over the weekend and will know more about it.

what Arnold always says

(much appreciated)

Cheers
    John

PlaneMan
    @planeman

It’s the SoC that bothers me, can’t find out if it’ll run Windows at all, I doubt it.

I may well have missed something as I’m knackered.

My Instagram

My YouTube

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

PM what’s SoC

I have read bits on the internet and it says I need changemysoftware10.

I have been on loads of links, ended up with filling in forms loads of toolbars, but never got to download Change My Software 10.

I have downloaded Chang My Software 7 – 8 – 8.1 but I need 10.

It lets you connect your PC to the android.

By any chance does anyone have Change My Software 10.

Cheers
    John

PlaneMan
    @planeman

John, SoC. Basically it’s the mobo, processor etc.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 1,541

I have a dual boot Android/Windows 10 pad. It works OK for all the basics but Windows grabs most of the storage space i.e. a limited ability to add many Android apps. Not really a recommended route – interesting but somewhat impractical.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

If the Lego software is any of these, John:     http://tinyurl.com/y9swgbjk

-Your friend will probably struggle. It looks like all the Windows ones need more resorces than his tablet. They appear to be based on LDraw:    http://tinyurl.com/gudr. I know nothing about it, but it is Open Source, which is encouraging. I can’t find anything about System Requirements, which is what he will need to know before downloading. It looks well-used, with a big following and what appears to be a good forum, so tell him to register on that and ask questions there.

The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 1,421

They need stone decent grunt, as they are rendered in real time on a 3d environment. I’ve never messed with, and Lego environment (or even the new pc game)  that wasn’t a pita, after 30mins.

You need some serious patience, even with a buttery smooth pc. Anything with lag and frame drops, would end with it sliding down my wall.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Thanks PM I learn something new every day.

Thanks Ed I think the program (lego building program.) is Windows hence he can’t use it?

I will know more when I have a look, he forgot to bring it?

Cheers
    John

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

Why does it have to be a pad? A cheap 2nd hand windows laptop may be a much better route. IIRC the Windows Android software is proprietary and he will have to pay for this anyway.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Ed P.

johnbarry
    Participant
    @johnbarry

Ed I would go that way, I don’t really know. For some reason he bought the pad to use the Lego software, only to find it needs Windows. I thnk he wants to see if it can be converted, rather than buy a top. I think also the pad is smaller than a top?

That I don’t know I am still waiting to see it.

Ia m struggling to find change ny software 10 I noe have 7 so perhaps go Windows 7.

I have tried it and it asks for a device (I don’t yet have)

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by johnbarry.

Cheers
    John

The Duke
    @sgb101

There is so many gotcha’s doing this. Unless it’s a main steam samsung tablet, the chances of the any real drivers for all the parts is low, very low.

I wouldn’t blindly plug your tablet into that convert software. As I wouldn’t know if safe about safer da are in place. The chances of a bricked android tab is high.

Tell him to return the tablet or sell it on on ebay, etc.. And point him towards the i5 thinkpad many of us have bought (about £130-150 on ebay). Thou I doubt the integrated gpu on them will even be up to the task of Lego software. Though the chances are higher.

You could install the software day one, if it doesnt run return it.

PlaneMan
    @planeman

Steve, my X220 runs DiRT fine on the integrated graphics. 8GB of RAM helps mind.

My Instagram

My YouTube

The Duke
    @sgb101

Intresting. My x220 runs airport ceo ok ish, untill the numbers get big. But decent enough to get by.

I recon the Lego software will need far more hp than the tablet has.  The 3d space real time rendering can be a bitch. But the interred gpu may be upto it. I really don’t know, it’s not something I do on my laptops.

If he is talking about the new(last year) Lego game, then it’s defo not going to cut it. It runs like crap on most rigs no matter their power. It’s a decent game too. Very pretty and fun.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    @bullstuff2

John I would just tell your mate that it won’t work on that tablet, take the advice to return it and buy a capable lappy as described by the Duke, or even a desktop. I really don’t think you need to involve yourself beyond that: several of us have been down that road, giving PC, IT and buying advice to friends and family. When it doesn’t work because they don’t have the knowledge or don’t follow instructions correctly, the advisor gets the blame. Trust me – been there, had the argument.

Ed P
    Participant
    @edps

It is technically possible (link) but will run like a two legged dog – i.e. a miracle if it runs at all.

Richard
    Participant
    @sawboman
    Forumite Points: 1,195

ED I assume that the dog in question has at least one wooden leg that does not fit and is normally left in its basket? My experience of such forced disasters is that unless the kit is really high end, they are vanity projects of the ‘Gee I made this work’ class. Like the time I did data processing on a Wang word processor as company limitations on software prevented more useful options. That changed a short while later and the right tools could be employed.

PlaneMan
    @planeman

I Wouldn’t install that software on my PC, looks extremely suspicious if you have a quick google.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.