Tech Android Talk Windows 10 to Tablet

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by johnbarry 2 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 558 times

Viewing 9 posts - 10 through 18 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Bob Williams
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1421
    • @bullstuff2
      Forumite Coins: 315

If the Lego software is any of these, John:     http://tinyurl.com/y9swgbjk

-Your friend will probably struggle. It looks like all the Windows ones need more resorces than his tablet. They appear to be based on LDraw:    http://tinyurl.com/gudr. I know nothing about it, but it is Open Source, which is encouraging. I can’t find anything about System Requirements, which is what he will need to know before downloading. It looks well-used, with a big following and what appears to be a good forum, so tell him to register on that and ask questions there.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

The Duke
    • Total Posts 1809
    • @sgb101
      Forumite Coins: 237

They need stone decent grunt, as they are rendered in real time on a 3d environment. I’ve never messed with, and Lego environment (or even the new pc game)  that wasn’t a pita, after 30mins.

You need some serious patience, even with a buttery smooth pc. Anything with lag and frame drops, would end with it sliding down my wall.

johnbarry
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187
    • @johnbarry
      Forumite Coins: 150

Thanks PM I learn something new every day.

Thanks Ed I think the program (lego building program.) is Windows hence he can’t use it?

I will know more when I have a look, he forgot to bring it?

Cheers
    John

Ed P
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1365
    • @edps
      Forumite Coins: 275

Why does it have to be a pad? A cheap 2nd hand windows laptop may be a much better route. IIRC the Windows Android software is proprietary and he will have to pay for this anyway.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Ed P.

johnbarry
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187
    • @johnbarry
      Forumite Coins: 150

Ed I would go that way, I don’t really know. For some reason he bought the pad to use the Lego software, only to find it needs Windows. I thnk he wants to see if it can be converted, rather than buy a top. I think also the pad is smaller than a top?

That I don’t know I am still waiting to see it.

Ia m struggling to find change ny software 10 I noe have 7 so perhaps go Windows 7.

I have tried it and it asks for a device (I don’t yet have)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by johnbarry.

Cheers
    John

The Duke
    • Total Posts 1809
    • @sgb101

There is so many gotcha’s doing this. Unless it’s a main steam samsung tablet, the chances of the any real drivers for all the parts is low, very low.

I wouldn’t blindly plug your tablet into that convert software. As I wouldn’t know if safe about safer da are in place. The chances of a bricked android tab is high.

Tell him to return the tablet or sell it on on ebay, etc.. And point him towards the i5 thinkpad many of us have bought (about £130-150 on ebay). Thou I doubt the integrated gpu on them will even be up to the task of Lego software. Though the chances are higher.

You could install the software day one, if it doesnt run return it.

PlaneMan
    • Total Posts 696
    • @planeman
      Forumite Coins: 217

Steve, my X220 runs DiRT fine on the integrated graphics. 8GB of RAM helps mind.

The Duke
    • Total Posts 1809
    • @sgb101

Intresting. My x220 runs airport ceo ok ish, untill the numbers get big. But decent enough to get by.

I recon the Lego software will need far more hp than the tablet has.  The 3d space real time rendering can be a bitch. But the interred gpu may be upto it. I really don’t know, it’s not something I do on my laptops.

If he is talking about the new(last year) Lego game, then it’s defo not going to cut it. It runs like crap on most rigs no matter their power. It’s a decent game too. Very pretty and fun.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1421
    • @bullstuff2
      Forumite Coins: 315

John I would just tell your mate that it won’t work on that tablet, take the advice to return it and buy a capable lappy as described by the Duke, or even a desktop. I really don’t think you need to involve yourself beyond that: several of us have been down that road, giving PC, IT and buying advice to friends and family. When it doesn’t work because they don’t have the knowledge or don’t follow instructions correctly, the advisor gets the blame. Trust me – been there, had the argument.

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

Viewing 9 posts - 10 through 18 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Keymaster | Moderator | Participant | Spectator | Blocked
Additional Forum Statistics
Threads: 985, Posts: 12,361, Members: 135
Welcome to our newest member, LostSoul
Most users ever online was 11 on June 5, 2017 1:36 pm