Tech Android Talk Windows 10 to Tablet

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by johnbarry 2 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 559 times

Viewing 8 posts - 19 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Ed P
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1365
    • @edps
      Forumite Coins: 275

It is technically possible (link) but will run like a two legged dog – i.e. a miracle if it runs at all.

Richard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684
    • @sawboman
      Forumite Coins: 277

ED I assume that the dog in question has at least one wooden leg that does not fit and is normally left in its basket? My experience of such forced disasters is that unless the kit is really high end, they are vanity projects of the ‘Gee I made this work’ class. Like the time I did data processing on a Wang word processor as company limitations on software prevented more useful options. That changed a short while later and the right tools could be employed.

PlaneMan
    • Total Posts 696
    • @planeman
      Forumite Coins: 217

I Wouldn’t install that software on my PC, looks extremely suspicious if you have a quick google.

Bob Williams
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1421
    • @bullstuff2
      Forumite Coins: 315

Nolan is right, don’t touch it:

“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
    ― Philip K. Dick, legendary SF writer.

johnbarry
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187
    • @johnbarry
      Forumite Coins: 150

Thanks for the advice sadly I can’t see the u tube video but get the jist.

I have advised not to bother.

Ed I have already tried on the link you gave. You have to accept the toolbar install allow etc then you get another and so on. Some of the links (for change my software) you have to enter your name add email then tick the boxes to accept junk. 10 in all, once done you get another page of 10 and so on.

You never get to the download you’re after.

You can get to download All when you open the 10 it says ooppss I didn’t get round to it, click on the link and download it, it then takes you to your above link and son on.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by johnbarry.

Cheers
    John

The Duke
    • Total Posts 1809
    • @sgb101
      Forumite Coins: 237

I think you have done enough John to truthfully tell your friend he is on a bum steer, and clean your hands of it guilt free.

Ed P
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1365
    • @edps
      Forumite Coins: 275

“You need to fill the survey to download above editions. One of the major concerns is that to download change my software from the official website, you need to fill the survey. The survey is very long and a tedious process and you will land nowhere.

John, I’m surprised you even bothered. Even the official site, as linked, warns you of problems! I only linked it to say that technically it can be done (there used to be a number of dual-boot pads for sale – none now as they are extremely limited by ram and incapable of windows upgrades.)

I hope you have not filled your pc with nasties as a result. Don’t just clean your hands – clean your pc too!.

johnbarry
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187
    • @johnbarry
      Forumite Coins: 150

Thanks Ed

As always, after a dabble I reload a backup to before the dabble.

My backups are refreshed after the second Tuesday in the month. Also I don’t dabble on my main used rig, uutil I am happy with a dabble.

Edit:

Come to think of it I did dabble on main rig but that was on Windows 7 (now back on 10) I have backups of 7 and 10

Cheers
    John

Viewing 8 posts - 19 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Currently Active: 1
PlaneMan
Keymaster | Moderator | Participant | Spectator | Blocked
Additional Forum Statistics
Threads: 985, Posts: 12,361, Members: 135
Welcome to our newest member, LostSoul
Most users ever online was 11 on June 5, 2017 1:36 pm