Forumite

Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options

HOME Forums Tech Windows Talk Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Boris 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 4,183

Aimed at Corporate users really who deploy updates themselves.

For the rest of us it’s still delivered via Windows Updates but rather than as one lump they’ve been drip feeding it in.

Boris
    @boris
    Forumite Points: 1,703

So presumably you can still update an early installed version of 1903 straight up to 1909 with a 1909 ISO you have downloaded – without needing to do all the cumulative updates outstanding and then having to go through the Windows update full download of 1909 process ?

I ask, because one of the guys I support only has 1 mb broadband (at the very best) but runs 3 machines – so I usually download the cumulative updates and new ISOs for him and give them to him on a USB stick so he can install them off-line and thus make the best use of the very poor connection he has.

Never trust an atom - they make up everything !

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 4,183

As I read it there will be a way of upgrading to 1909 via media. However there will be the usual multiple restarts and time taken. So business as usual.

EDIT – just had a look in Settings – Windows Updates, it’s there. Hit the button at 11:33, desktop back after download / install / reboot at 11:36

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Dave Rice.

Boris
    @boris
    Forumite Points: 1,703

Just did an experiment and used a new 1909 ISO to upgrade his 1903 laptop to 1909 – it worked with no problems 😃

Never trust an atom - they make up everything !

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thank you for visiting Forumite. If you appreciate the site please consider a donation to show your appreciation.
Take Me There!