Forumite

Windows Pi

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg

Just had this appear in my news feed a “Pi” that will run Windows 10 link.

Intel Cherry Trail quad core processor Z8350, 64bit dual channel 1866Mb/s LPDDR3, up to 4K@30 HDMI, 3.5mm jack with mic, 802.11 ac WIFI, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Port, GbE LAN, 40-pin color expansion header, RTC. Also, ROCK Pi X supports USB PD and QC powering.

Personally I can’t think of a Pi project I’m interested in that needs Windows, but the power that’s being packed into these extremely small form factors is amazing.

Rock do some other interesting boards. There’s one with dual Gigabit (the E) that can be PoE I could see being handy.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 2,983

I had one of these arrive over lockdown to have a play with. Would make an excellent little theatre PC, as it plays 4K but I’ve a nVidia Shield and Apple TV under the TV, so it’s not needed there. The fan can be a bit loud but it’s small, so I was sort of expecting that.

If I hadn’t have bought the new Synology, this would have become my new server. However, it’s going to go to my cadet unit when we reopen, as it’s perfectly fine to use with MS Teams and the office suite. :good:

Participant
    Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 9,257

Wow, 100% more CPU power than the Z8350. I’m sure I’ve seen some laptops based on the N4100.

What’s the £?

Participant
    Drezha
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 2,983

Think it worked out at about £125 from Aliexpress, then stung for about £17 for taxes when it arrived (of which £12 was Royal Mail charging me for holding to pay the taxes on).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.