Forumite

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Issues 2Drezha
    @drezha

Perhaps might not get to much help, but I need a second pair of eyes (well, thoughts) on what the issues could be.

I have a Logitech Unifying reciever, driving a Logitech K350 and a MX Vertical mouse. On Windows, it has no issues at all.

However, on macOS recently, it’s been dropping in and out and I’ve found that occasioanlly it’ll take a while for the mac to catch up with what I’ve typed. I’ve changed from using a USB hub to plugging in directly but that hasn’t helped. Both the Windows and Mac, the dongle is located about 30cm away from the mouse and keyboard.

From what I see, it’s a macOS issue. I recall it’s been an issue for a while now, so installing the Logitech control centre recently hasn’t changed anything.

Bit at a loss at the minute. A wired keyboard and mouse works fine, but I ideally need the ergonomic keyboard, as a standard one can ache whilst I’m at the PC for the duration of the day (currently working from home).

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Issues 3PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,829

I have the K400+ and use it on my LG TV and my Chrome Box.

I had a right palaver getting the Unifying receiver to work cross platform. I had to uninstall the software and re-do the connection. Since then it’s been rock solid on everything I’ve tried.

I have no idea why it would work on Windows and not on my Chrome Box, as you know it should just work once connected. Unlike your issue with lag it just wouldn’t work at all.

Participant
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 2,545

Yeah, I’ve did a google search and people were indicating issues with macOS Catalina and the items not working.

However, I downloaded the firmware updater and updated the reciever. That appears to have sorted it for the time being – time will tell I guess! I’ll give it a go throughout the day. It had seemed to go through periods of working and not, so I’m hoping that it’s resolved now, and I’m hoping it doesnt’ revert to lagging later today!

Participant
    Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Issues 5Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,572

According to this Logitech link there is a problem with MacOS Mojave. Switch it on and off again seems to be the cure, but not very helpful for KVM units!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Issues 6Ed P.
    Participant
    @drezha
    Forumite Points: 2,545

It appears that I am mistaken – the issues are still there today.

@EdP – That appears to show the items aren’t working at all, whereas mine will work perfectly for a peirod and then lag or miss key presses. And only on Mac, not Windows.

This Mac Mini is beginning to royally annoy me – it’s already had a dead logic (mother) board within the first year, it often doesn’t shut down when you tell it to without turning it off via the switch and it was having issues with the USB-C video :negative:   I don’t think I’ve had this much issue with a Windows machine ಠ_ಠ

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.