• Yes
  • No
  • Dont be silly Lee
  • Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 2The VFM Addict
    @thevfmaddict

Nothing substantial to say yet but I have a very bad feeling that this thread will be needed soon.

We are long overdue for a very serious viral pandemic and the way China are acting I think its already far worse than they are saying.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

During the Covid-19 Epidemic I will be wearing a mask and goggles while posting so that if I become infected I won't spread it to you.

Viewing 20 replies - 901 through 920 (of 964 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 3Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,933

Unfortunately Lee, this thread has by no means run its course.

The Guardian uses publicly available data to show that our Government of ditherers is failing to take decisive lock-down action on a number of areas that appear to be where Leicester was two weeks ago:

“The Medway in Kent, the boroughs of Hammersmith and Fulham and Ealing in London, and Lanarkshire and Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland saw a rise in infections in the week to 25 June, according to official data. Other areas seeing higher rates included Bedford, Barnsley and Flintshire.

It is unsurprising that the Government no longer wants to have a daily Corona Briefing to expose its failings.”

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 1Ed P.
    Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 5The Duke
    @sgb101
    Forumite Points: 11,473

Most of the north north coast is on the rise. My area Denbighshire is the hardest hit.

We got it after the rest, but it’s still here, and not getting any better as of yet.

Keymaster
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 6RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,580

Ok, I did not say anything about closing this thread. I was saying should I open a new thread for the new strain of swine flu from china with possible pandemic results.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    @edps

BoJo said we would have a ‘world beating’ Covid Tracker system. I’m not sure that description applies to the cobbled-together system that Dido Harding has hatched. It now emerges that we may need help from Germany to even get the Google/Apple system working!

link

Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 8Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,754

I did warn you 😉

As usual they are blaming everyone but themselves. People who have no right of reply.

Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 9Boris
    @boris
    Forumite Points: 1,784

It appears that they have been duplicating the reported case figures ?

See – https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/aboutTotal and daily UK cases

From 2 July 2020, Pillar 2 data has been reported separately by all 4 Nations. Pillar 2 data for England has had duplicate tests for the same person removed by PHE from 2 July 2020. This means that the cumulative total number of UK lab-confirmed cases is now around 30,000 lower than reported on 1 July 2020.

The total reported UK cases yesterday was 313,483 – today it has gone down to a mere 283,757 !

However if you look at the individual regional/county/district total cases for

e.g. My own area (sad person that I am I actually follow the reported cases) :-

South West – has gone up today by 4,740 to 12,713 (from 7,973)

Gloucestershire – has gone up by 424 to 1,818 (from 1,394)

Forest of Dean – has gone up by 43 to 160  (from 117)

I think that those “in charge” have blown my mind !!!  I just do not think that this Pillar 1/Pillar testing farce means anything !

Never trust an atom - they make up everything !

Participant
    @ricedg

I gave up believing these figures ages ago.

Participant
    @ricedg

So much for clear messaging. I always thought Green means unconditionally go, Amber means go with conditions and Red means no go.

Well it now seems that Green means you can go but not come back and Amber means you can travel freely. Except if another Govt Dept decides that travel isn’t allowed. Or a foreign Govt puts conditions on travel to / from the UK.

Surely it would be easier to just combine it all into one system with a colour for each Country?

Red = forget it i.e. China

Amber = these are conditions under which you can travel i.e. New Zealand, you will be quarantined on arrival but not on return to the UK.

Green you can travel freely.

What will happen if people book in good faith when it’s Green and subsequently changes?

We’ve decided to forget any foreign travel for the foreseeable and hope we can get to the Amsterdam Light Festival in December. Even visiting Cornwall to see the family we’re going to wait and see how it pans out.

Participant
    @edps

Seriously thinking about taking a break in South West Ireland, never been there and the scenery looks stunning. The beer and the whiskey will compensate if the weather is carp.

Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 13JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 5,203

We moved our April trip to Murcia on to October, so that will give us plenty of time and opportunity to see the lay of the land internationally.

We also kept the insurance policy, just paying a small fee to change the travel dates, as Covid19 was not excluded from the reasons to cancel, which most policies changed shortly after that.

Other than that travelling abroad will be on hold for while, unless we find somewhere in Murcia to spend the winter months, and even then, we’ll see how things stand before committing to go.

Participant
    @sgb101

We moved Lanzarote from may to sept, I’m not sure what is gonna happen with that.

Bit I can report, Paris is fully open, lots of people here, but less than I’ve seen in the past, bit still lots of people, next to no social distancing, and masks are optional.

Only place we have had to wear them is in mcadinalds, (but we passed a different one today and they wasn’t making people wear one, the other place was the Eiffel tower, when in the lifts.

All the cafes, puns etc.. have zero distances between tables and in stores no one way systems or any type of social distancing going on. It’s like it like covid never happend.

Participant
    @edps

If interested search on line for “(Your County) COVID-19 Local Outbreak Control Plan”. Each English county has developed a plan based on a master document from Public Health England. You should be able to find quite a lot of interesting stats on your area.

Participant
    @jayceedee

Let’s hope that all the traffic flowing down to the SW doesn’t bring anything nasty down with them. The whole of that part of the country has fared well so far, biggest concentration being around Bristol, Exeter and Plymouth.

Participant
    @ricedg

We’ll know in 2 weeks or so time.

Participant
    @edps

I had a stroll around my local town today – the Welsh Chief Constable who said booze and social distancing do not mix was spot on. Social distancing was out of the window and the cocktail-party effect was in full swing with people yelling in one another’s face. Luckily it probably does not matter here as we have had no new cases for the best part of a month.

Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 19PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,999

Tomorrow I can go for a proper drive and take photos in nice places, legally!

If there are any people about I won’t be getting close to them, even with a mask and gloves on. I can’t run away from idiots!!!

I’m not looking forward to the pubs re-opening, if they can. Brains reckon that only about 30% of their pubs can reopen from the 13th, not enough outside space and lack of beer are the main issues. They reckon 3 weeks would be pushing it, 10 days notice, no way.  Same story for most restaurants in Cardiff, small outside spaces. The council has made changes to roads and parking to allow for more space but apparently not the licensing rules. :wacko:

If anyone sees a black Suzuki Swift Sport on B roads near-ish Cardiff tomorrow and the driver has a massive grin, it could well be me. :-)

All I need now is for the wind too drop and then I can  test fly my new quadcopter for real.

Participant
    @sgb101

There is a shortage of beer, we was all informed three weeks ago, saying its first come, first served, so get your order in. As then we (the Welsh) had no idea when we could open, and barrels having short shelf life, we knew England was gonna hoover up the majority.

I could open on Monday, but I’m not gonna bother. I’m gonna wait it out for full opening, or maybe just see how it goes and open in s week or two.

I’m not sure really. I can open with a days notice, we have a local service which will deliver on the slday if ordered before 12pm, were all ready,l bar  good tidy up of the bar floor, as atm it has my whole cellar stored on its floor. As we done work back there, the week before I went away.

Also we had no idea we would get the nod for the 13th  beforeI went away, so thought I’d sort it out when home. I get home on the 10th.

I’ll worry about all that when home. Can’t do anything from here.

Participant
    @edps

My new covid-19 street image is on my avatar. A cross between Telly Savalas (too long without a barber) and a permanently grinning Austin Powers face mask. Adults smile and laugh – small children run away screaming!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 1Ed P.
    Participant
    @jayceedee

The last time my hair was this length was 50 years ago, and then it was a fashion statement/rebellion against the ‘short back and sides’ of my school years!!! :yahoo:

I’ve got an appointment for a cut next Monday, along with the wife, and that still won’t be soon enough!!! The temptation to trim the beard and just carry right on all over has been there, but I just couldn’t.

The wife went to the osteopath on Thursday last week and has been comfortable ( back wise ) for the first time in a month.

It’s good to be back to some semblance of normality, even if that’s within the parameters of the ‘New Normal’!!

Participant
    @sgb101

My hair is as long as it’s ever been! Never warn a baseball cap on 30 years, untill now!

Viewing 20 replies - 901 through 920 (of 964 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.