Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19

Group Admins

Lock Down

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 2RSB
    @bdthree

I’m not sure how others are getting on with the lock down but it’s already doing my nut in. I find this strange because I don’t usual go out often anyhow so why it’s bothering me so much I am not sure. Cant concentrate, lossing intrest in things, cant be arsed with tv or radio and just can’t find the energy to do anything. No work to do either so that’s not helping.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 3Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,256

Set yourself a routine, just mooching around is a recipe for depression.

If you haven’t received the dreaded confined to your house order, go for a daily walk of an hour or so. Even in a town it is normally possible to choose times and places that are relatively free of other people. Most around this area are good at crossing over the road to minimise contact.

If you cannot go out then Skype or Apple’s FaceTime are good ways of at least having some social contact — arrange a virtual booze-up with your mates. (Offlicences are deemed essential business!).  Your friends are probably feeling much the same as you. Contact your local pub landlord, maybe he would be willing to host a virtual booze-up and deliver beer in jugs! (for a delivery fee of course). He may even thank you for the idea.

Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 4PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,663

Ed’s correct.

Just sitting around doing nothing makes doing stuff the next day even harder. Do something do get some exercise, no matter what it is.

I’m missing the exercise bikes in the gym so I’m doing press ups and sit ups instead.

Keymaster
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 2RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,287

I keep tinkering with forumite as you will of noticed, cats keeping me on my toe’s as they seem unusually active since lockdown for some reason plus I’ll keep taking my happy pill’s :)

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 6Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,327

The Bristol Beer Factory decided to totally stop all operations the day before my delivery was due 😢

That prompted my to look again at my very local Great Western Brewery who had always hinted they were going to do delivery but collect from the shop was working well. They’ve got their act together and 10 litres of Hambrook Pale Ale was delivered at 3pm (ordered at 8:30am) for £28, that’s £1.60 a pint 😂

Very good it is too, I picked it because I’ve had it on draught in the local pubs. Next time I’m going to try the mixed case and give the rest a go. 12 bottles for £25.50 delivered. Let’s hope they can keep it up.

So have a look at your local small brewery, there may be a good deal to be had. If you like proper cider Thatchers have always done delivery. Cheddar Valley 20L Bag in a Box for £42 – £1.20 a pint and bet you can’t drink more than 4 in a session.

Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 4PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,663

Just as well you don’t drive/ ride a motorbike anymore Dave!!!

Participant
    Coronavirus, Corona Virus, Covid-19 8Mark Turner
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 574

I still have to go to work yesterday morning I’ve never seen as many people in my life walking their dogs that was at 7.30 am. This morning there was only a couple but all the dog walkers had been replaced by joggers again I’ve never seen so many people out jogging. Outside work for most of the day it was families on bikes quite a few of them only in what seemed like family groups and not all out at the same time. The dog walkers and the joggers were all passing each other within close distance, its seems they all had the same idea to get out early before anyone else and that was the serious error in their plans. Lee maybe go out for a short walk just for a change of scenery.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.