Group Admins

• Profile picture of RSB

Looking up again

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant
    D-Dan
    @d-dan

Got a call today from (one of) the recruitment advisors working on getting me moved. There’s an accountancy firm in Cwmbran very interested in speaking to me. They asked him to call me and provide their details to me, rather than the other way around. Looks like a very generous employment package, too.

This could be the year I become a Taff.

Arch Linux, on a Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB, 6 (yes - 6) HDs inc 2 SSDs, 4 RPi 3Bs + 1 RPi 4B - one as an NFS server with two more drives, PiHole (shut yours), Plex server, cloud server, and other random Pi stuff. Nice CoolerMaster case, NV GTX 1060 6GB, and a whopping 32" AOC 1440P monitor.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2
    Forumite Points: 12,471

Good luck Dan, hope it works out for you.

When the Thought Police arrive at your door, think -
    I'm out.

Participant
    Tippon
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 3,600

Good luck :)

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 14,785

Good luck Dan, just don’t pig-out too much on the local delicacy of Jammie Dodgers!

Keymaster
    RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 6,722

Yes good luck. Don’t forget your wellies, @sgb101 explained to me if you put the hind legs of the sheep in your wellies it makes it much easier 😉

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

Makes what much easier Steve? 😇😆

I'm out.

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 6,381

God luck Dan, I had a lot of good times in Cwmbran.

Not as many loonies as Newport (in my day) but they were a few notches p the loony scale.

Participant
    D-Dan
    @d-dan
    Forumite Points: 2,584

LOL @PlaneMan. My Newport Local (a bikers/rock pub) is fine. I only mix with good people.

But thank you all. I guess I’ll have an idea how things go by Thursday afternoon. I have a Skype interview lunchtime on Thursday.

Arch Linux, on a Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB, 6 (yes - 6) HDs inc 2 SSDs, 4 RPi 3Bs + 1 RPi 4B - one as an NFS server with two more drives, PiHole (shut yours), Plex server, cloud server, and other random Pi stuff. Nice CoolerMaster case, NV GTX 1060 6GB, and a whopping 32" AOC 1440P monitor.

Participant
    D-Dan
    @d-dan

Well, it went better than I thought. They want to see me face to face, now.

Participant
    Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 14,785

Congratulations – well done!

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Congratulations!

Participant
    Bob Williams
    @bullstuff2

Great result Dan: congratulations!

I'm out.

Participant
    D-Dan
    @d-dan

Just a quick update, here. I had second interview on Friday 13th. Also had an interview in Cardiff with a different firm in the morning. I was a very close 2nd for the Cardiff job, but got a very good offer from Cwmbran 10 minutes after leaving.

Accepted, and the intention was to start 1 June. Then, of course, we went into lockdown.

The offer is still live with start date to be agreed (and I received the formal offer on Friday) once the world settles down a bit, and just niggling over a couple of minor issues in the contract.

So, I am going to be moving. Leanne was more nervous than me :)

Participant
    JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 4,425

That’s good to hear, well done. There seems to be more Forumite members ‘out West’ than in the rest of the country!! :scratch:

Participant
    Tippon
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 3,600

That’s great news. Well done Dan :good:

Participant
    PlaneMan
    @planeman

Result! :good:

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Due to the Corona Virus some changes have been made to Forumite. These include free membership and a dedicated area for the Corona Virus.
PLEASE READ 
Close