The Beer Club

Group Admins
  • Profile picture of RSB

Beer Club Group

This topic contains 27 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Dave Rice 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

RSB
    Keymaster
    @bdthree

I thought I would create a dedicated beer & drinks group where all beer related matters can be discused “Like A Facebook Group”.

Any how, my first post is this. I have been visiting my local Samuel Smiths as mentioned before and was paying £2.08 a pint for Lager and a nice pint it is to. However I have lately been leaning towards Beer. So I have been drinking Samuel Smith’s Mild. Now if your standing please sit down, especialy those down south. £1.34 a pint 🙂 Ok it’s not the strongest of beers but still I like it and I do not go out to get pissed.

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Spread the love
Viewing 7 replies - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 2,389

Yep, even in the Wildman I’ve seen Guinness and London Pride on tap. The house beers are La Trappe Blond and Witte, one of the commercial Trappist breweries (it’s what the Mrs drinks when there).

The point of the place is to try different beers and hopefully the best of them, who brews it doesn’t matter. But they do champion the little guy and the unusual. I don’t think the Dutch could do snobbery if they tried though.

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 1,189

They definitely do it (snobbery) in the Taproom Dave! If anyone is over this side you should pop in – never seen anything quite like it. My other half calls it the “Smelly Dog” because they let dogs in (often wet and smelly) but not kids (some amusing borderline gestapo “no kids” signs), but I can’t stand more than a brace in there (not because of the beer) but because it is full of people who are more bothered about the beer/who brewed it than the company and it is not like a jolly local at all. I must try your boozer in Holland as I love the country and far too long since I went there.

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

It’s as central as you can get. Half way from centraal station to Dam Square and in the middle of the Damrak and Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal main roads, 200 metres from the police station.

There’s the perfect triangle of the Inntel Hotel, Formosa Argentina Steakhouse and the Wildman. The guy that owns the Formosa really is Argentinian and it’s proper South American cuts. If you ask for a Quilmes (Argentinian lager) he loves it and you’ll probably get a free shot of Legui at the end of the meal.

blacklion1725
    Participant
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 1,189

Cheers Dave will put thison my “must do list” – Steak and beer – what’s not to like!

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 2,164

ASDA have 6 packs of Corona Extra, 355ml tins for £2.50. That’s not much more than you’d pay for one big bottle.

My local had a great big wall of them. I’ll be back tomorrow stocking up for a big birthday in the family soonish.

My Instagram

My YouTube

PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 2,164

Currently enjoying a Honest Graft IPA.

Very nice and only £1.25 in ASDA. Have a Golden Ale to try as well.

My Instagram

My YouTube

Dave Rice
    @ricedg

Vedett IPA on offer @ Tescos. Went down a treat with the tandoori chicken.

There’s two bottles of Aspall’s Imperil Vintage Cider in the fridge waiting for the predicted 30°C tomorrow afternoon.

Viewing 7 replies - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the love