The Beer Club

Group Admins

Black Wych

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    The Beer Club 2RSB
    @bdthree

I am loving the label on this. Not sure what the content is like yet but I am about to try it.

The Beer Club 3

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    The Beer Club 4PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,016

I like a porter.

Keymaster
    The Beer Club 2RSB
    @bdthree
    Forumite Points: 7,580

To much of a strong taste for me. Next one is The Beer Club 6

Participant
    The Beer Club 7Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,770

We have a Wychwood pub here, The Hobgoblin in Gloucester Road (the main road into town from oop north, the A38). Good beer and mega burgers and tex mex food. The challenge is the Kraken – a Triple Bypass burger, a portion of Dirty, Dirty Fries, 12 very hot hot wings, as well as ’slaw, pickles and sauces, all for £25. You must sign a disclaimer, and if you eat it in an hour you win a T-shirt, get your picture on the wall. No I haven’t. The Triple Bypass burger is well named.

It’s a good boozer but so is the Prince of Wales on the next corner, however that’s been reclaimed by the brewery and I haven’t been in since.  They have promised not to muck it about and still have local beers and Sheppy’s cider, ooh arr!

Participant
    The Beer Club 8JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 5,207

The wife was shopping yesterday and saw this…

The Beer Club 9

…I’m anticipating a Newky Brown taste ( disturbingly dark?? ).

On a side note, I love the labels they’re coming out with. Someone with a sense of humour and design!!

Participant
    The Beer Club 4PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,016

Dunkel Fester is lovely. Aldi usually get a load in for Halloween and they usually have loads left so they ship them out cheap. Last year I bought about 40 bottles for £20, the manger wanted shot of them so did me a deal if I took them all. ?

Participant
    The Beer Club 8JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

Dunkel Fester is lovely. Aldi usually get a load in for Halloween and they usually have loads left so they ship them out cheap. Last year I bought about 40 bottles for £20, the manger wanted shot of them so did me a deal if I took them all. ?

Yes, that’s where she was.

Sensible fellows ( both )!! ??

Participant
    The Beer Club 7Dave Rice
    @ricedg

#2 sons birthday today. Got him a Beer Hawk Oktoberfest box. All the official beers and a Spaten stein.

Keymaster
    The Beer Club 2RSB
    @bdthree

I am just going to chill tonight with a few of these.

The Beer Club 14

Participant
    The Beer Club 15Mark Turner
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 695

I’m sampling this stuff tonight again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keymaster
    The Beer Club 2RSB
    @bdthree

@turner74 Let us know how it goes :)

I’ll have to come up with some ideas about this beer group. It’s all good and well us all mentioning these beers and so on but it would be nice to keep track of them and rate them or something so others can go and give them a try and share thought’s. Any ideas welcome.

Participant
    The Beer Club 8JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee

…I’m anticipating a Newky Brown taste ( disturbingly dark?? ).

Well I tried one sitting in front of the tele after dinner tonight, it was smooth, not un-pleasant, but a bit rich for me, which is strange, considering I spent a lot of my early/middle years drinking a poor man’s Black Velvet – Cream Label/Mackeson and Cider. Followed by a good few middle years on Draught Guinness or real ale. When I’d had enough volume in beer, I’d then go on to the spirits. I’m now mostly a scotch/brandy drinker who sometimes dives fondly into bottles of beer for a side.

I won’t throw the other one away, but I won’t be getting any more.

Participant
    @turner74

@turner74 Let us know how it goes ?

I’ll have to come up with some ideas about this beer group. It’s all good and well us all mentioning these beers and so on but it would be nice to keep track of them and rate them or something so others can go and give them a try and share thought’s. Any ideas welcome.

I will let you know later when I woke at 2 this morning with my head on the keyboard the bottle was untouched on the window sill. The 8 cans of lager must have taken their toll
    Mark

Participant
    The Beer Club 7Dave Rice
    @ricedg

Tonight’s tipple. Proper job.

The Beer Club 20

Participant
    The Beer Club 21Tippon
    @tippon
    Forumite Points: 3,982

Tonight’s tipple. Proper job. The Beer Club 20

I thought that was a box of muesli ???

Participant
    @turner74

The champion ale was nice I don’t think I could do to many though. Its not heavy or gassy I drank it after a four pack of lager and it went down nicely on its own I think 2 or 3 (at 7.3%) would be enough for me with a couple of lagers thrown in. I would recommend you try one.

Mark

Participant
    The Beer Club 24Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,951

I envy you guys – age has taken its toll. Just one bottle of Dave’s favourite tipple is enough for me to realise that I just cannot take it any more!

Participant
    The Beer Club 7Dave Rice
    @ricedg

It’s getting near that time of year when I cash in my monthly wine bank subscriptions for the Christmas box. I always used to get a 20 litre box of Thatchers Cheddar Valley too but the Mrs had the kitchen done and I’m not sure where I could put it now.

Cheddar Valley is proper cider. No bubbles, orange colour and cloudy. Tastes like apple juice and doesn’t taste like it has as much alcohol in it as it does. This catches out the unwary (freshers week is always a laugh) and I have never managed more than 4 consecutive pints. Luckily this is the size of the jug we use for squash so I can decant the maximum amount ?

Keymaster
    The Beer Club 2RSB
    @bdthree

@edps

I don’t know about anybody else but I prefer to stick lower alcohol beers. I can drink strong drinks and I don’t really get pissed but the hangover and recovery time for me is hell. I can loose a day or two because I am no good for anything with a hangover and it can send me on a downer.

I have found beer between 2.8 and 3.8 is suffice and as long as I have an emergency pack of bacon and some eggs ready for the next morning I usually come round within an hour.

Participant
    The Beer Club 24Ed P
    @edps
    Forumite Points: 15,951

Cider can be exceptionally ‘lethal’ due to its high potassium content and impact on folk taking ACE inhibitors. Getting paralytic may then become a fact rather than a metaphor.

[edit] I think I must have had too much last night as I’m getting ‘Blue Flashes’ whenever I post.?

Participant
    The Beer Club 28D-Dan
    @d-dan
    Forumite Points: 2,594

Trooper is a good pint when it’s kept well, and a lousy one when it isn’t. A good pint of Trooper is a good pint generally.

Arch Linux, on a Ryzen 7 1800X, 16 GB, 5 (yes -5) HDs inc 2 SSDs, 4 RPi 3Bs + 1 RPi 4B - one as an NFS server with two more drives, PiHole (shut yours), Plex server, cloud server, and other random Pi stuff. Nice CoolerMaster case, NV GTX 1070 8GB, and a whopping 32" AOC 1440P monitor.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.