The Beer Club

Group Admins

Black Wych

• Creator
    Topic
    Keymaster
    The Beer Club 2RSB
    @bdthree

I am loving the label on this. Not sure what the content is like yet but I am about to try it.

The Beer Club 3

Americans: Over Sexed, Over Payed and Over here, Wat Wat!

Forumite Donations Paypal.me/forumite

Viewing 8 replies - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Participant
    The Beer Club 4JayCeeDee
    @jayceedee
    Forumite Points: 5,207

Just been to Aldi’s and they’ve got Felinfoel at £1.29 for a bottle of their ESB.

The Beer Club 5

It says there’s a fruity aftertaste, with hints if caramel, cherry and toffee apple. It’s a very pleasant, not too heavy, flavourful taste. Definitely one I’ll try again – got three bottles for tasters, I was that confident. I’ve always liked Felinfoel and when I stayed in Wales at my parent’s house I’d go off in search of a local that served Double Dragon.

For a Londoner that hadn’t been lucky enough to have had some of the ales that were available in Wales at the time, but nowhere in sight in London, it was a rare treat. They came eventually when CAMRA and Real Ale took off but my bi-annual trips to Wales were made better for it.??

Participant
    The Beer Club 6Dave Rice
    @ricedg
    Forumite Points: 8,770

I like how they’re calling it “craft ale” now ?

South Wales was part of my patch in Royal Mail so I’ve had plenty of Felinfoel over the years. Portsmouth next week, usually lots of Adnams there. Will probably end up in Wetherspoons but I have found a Belgian beer bar not far from the hotel.

Participant
    The Beer Club 7Mark Turner
    @turner74
    Forumite Points: 695

Tonights tippleThe Beer Club 8

Participant
    The Beer Club 9blacklion1725
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 3,338

Different label to what I’ve seen before – My local Offy does 3 for a fiver on bottles and on a Sunday I normally go for my WW2 collection of Lancaster Bomber, Spitfire and Bombardier. Nice beer that Lancaster BTW.

Participant
    @turner74

Different label to what I’ve seen before – My local Offy does 3 for a fiver on bottles and on a Sunday I normally go for my WW2 collection of Lancaster Bomber, Spitfire and Bombardier. Nice beer that Lancaster BTW.

£1.20 a bottle in Morrisons. If you have one local you could get an extra bottle and be 20p richer. Ive seen the Spitfire in Morrisons I will give one a try over the weekend.

Participant
    @turner74

£1.20 a bottle in Morrisons. If you have one local you could get an extra bottle and be 20p richer. Ive seen the Spitfire in Morrisons I will give one a try over the weekend.

The Lancaster has gone out of the window tonight. Looks like daughter has gone into labour she wants her mum with her as well as bf. I’ve got the youngsters to look after. Just hope the little man joins us quickly as I have a good friends funeral tomorrow as well. Babies certainly know when to make an entrance lol

Participant
    The Beer Club 15PlaneMan
    @planeman
    Forumite Points: 7,016

The Beer Club 16

£1 each in Asda. Not tried Yardbird before, looking forward to it. They also have Bishops Finger and a couple of others for £1.

Participant
    The Beer Club 9blacklion1725
    @blacklion1725
    Forumite Points: 3,338

Mark….all the best with all on your plate!

PM ….bargains – likewise not seen that Yard Bird. Spitfire is a favourite of mine, the others are leaning on too strong for me – nice beer for one but I am in the “session” category so like to stay at 4% – 4.5% max. Apologies all round :)

Viewing 8 replies - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.